- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Get Involved
Surviving & Thriving 2018
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® and Susan G. Komen Greater Atlanta® invite you to attend our survivorship conference, Surviving and Thriving 2018!
Generously hosted by Georgia Power on Saturday, March 10th, this conference will provide those impacted by breast cancer the opportunity to connect with other survivors, learn more about breast cancer care and survivorship to live a happier and healthier life with a sense of community.
This is a FREE conference and a hot breakfast will be provided. Also, courtesy of CTCA, all attendees will be entered into a drawing for an Instant Pot, a Kindle, a smoothie blender, and a Sonosphear Bluetooth speaker. You will not want to miss out!
We want to answer your questions! At the end of our event we will have a panel of doctors to answer your questions. Have a myth you want to debunk or a question to ask? Fill out this survey and we will answer it during the panel!
Date: Saturday, March 10th – 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Location: Georgia Power Auditorium – 241 Ralph McGill Blvd NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
8:00 AM – Registration and breakfast opens
8:30 AM – Welcome and Introduction from Komen Atlanta & CTCA
- Tamara Nash, Mission Director, Susan G. Komen Greater Atlanta
- Kelly Hines, Director of Regional Development, Cancer Treatment Centers of America
8:45 AM – Surviving and Thriving after Breast Cancer
- Lakeitha Rousseau, Survivor
9:00 AM – Advancements in Cancer Care
- John E. McKnight, MD, MBA, Medical Oncologist, Cancer Treatment Centers of America
9:30 AM – BREAK
9:45 AM – Naturopathic Supports for Breast Cancer Survival
- Kenna Brooke, ND, Naturopathic Doctor, Cancer Treatment Centers of America
10:15 AM – Benefits of Mind Body Therapy
- Elaine Smith, MS, LMFT, Mind-Body Therapist, Cancer Treatment Centers of America
10:45 AM – Taking the Fight Out of Food
- Erin Smucker, RD, LD, Clinical Oncology Dietitian, Cancer Treatment Centers of America
11: 15 AM – BREAK
11:30 AM – Question and Answer Panel
12:00 PM – Thank you for joining us for Surviving & Thriving 2018!
Have questions? Please contact Komen Atlanta’s Special Events Coordinator, Ashleigh Harris, at email@example.com or (404) 814-0052.