Komen Atlanta is proud to award more than $1 million to 17 community partners in 2018-2019. Komen Atlanta has raised more than $49 million since its inception in 1991 to enable women and men in metro Atlanta to detect and survive breast cancer.
Because of our generous supporters, in 2017-2018, Komen Atlanta funded the following:
- 4,355 clinical breast exams, mammograms, and diagnostic services
- The detection of 99 breast cancers
- Provided 236 survivors with support services
- Provided 85 survivors with legal assistance
- Impacted more than 125,000 metro Atlantans through educational outreach and our Worship in Pink program.
Breast cancer mortality rates are higher in Atlanta than almost anywhere else in the country. The investment in innovative community programs aligns with Susan G. Komen’s Bold Goal to reduce the number of breast cancer deaths by 50% by the year 2026.