Turn Atlanta Pink
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Make Some Noise, Raise Some Money and Turn Atlanta Pink!
At Susan G. Komen Greater Atlanta, our mission is to enable women in this community to detect and survive breast cancer. This October, we’re asking our supporters to raise awareness and funds to help continue our work as Atlanta’s resource for the medically underserved who need breast cancer screening, diagnostic and support services. Here’s how you can help!
1. Raise Awareness:
- Join Komen Atlanta’s virtual “Pink Out” by changing your Facebook profile picture to the Susan G. Komen Greater Atlanta pink ribbon and/or including an inspirational status update related to breast cancer. For example: I turned my profile picture pink because I believe a person’s age, race or socio-economic status should never determine whether she survives breast cancer. Let’s help Komen Atlanta continue its good work in this community! Why will you turn your profile picture pink? #komenatlanta #pinkout
- Let’s see how PINK Atlanta can be! Invite your social media followers, friends and family to participate. And encourage your place of business and co-workers to turn their Facebook profile pictures PINK too!
- We want to raise $50,000 in October! Encourage your circles of influence to make a donation to Susan G. Komen Greater Atlanta. Even small donations will help us meet this goal and have a big impact on women in this community. $10 can cover the cost a breast screening, which is how many women find out they have breast cancer. To donate $10 to Komen Atlanta, people can text the word “PINK” to 501501. Any donation will be matched dollar for dollar by Kroger (up to $150,000)! People also can donate at www.komenatlanta.org.
3. Get Involved:
- If you haven’t already signed up to participate in our Breast Cancer Awareness Month activities, please do so! Check out our list of events and let us know how you would like to get involved. http://komenatlanta.wpengine.com/greater-atlanta-events/
P.S. Did you know that 75% of the funds we raise stay right here in Atlanta to provide live-saving breast screenings, mammograms, diagnostic testing, education and treatment support to the women and men in our community? The remaining 25% of funds support the kind of cutting edge breast cancer research that is needed to improve breast cancer treatment and find a cure.
P.P.S. Did you know that $25 covers the cost of a clinical breast exam? And $100 covers the cost of one screening mammogram? Small donation – big impact.