Komen Atlanta is proud to award more than $1.1 million to 14 community partners in 2017-2018. Komen Atlanta has raised more than $46 million since its inception in 1991 to enable women and men in metro Atlanta to detect and survive breast cancer.
Seventy-five percent of all funds raised by the Komen Atlanta stays in here Atlanta to fund breast health programs for women who would not otherwise have access to screening and treatment. Twenty-five percent of funds raised supports the national Komen Foundation Award and Research Grant Program.
Because of our generous supporters, in 2014-2015, Komen Atlanta funded the following:
- 9,500 clinical breast exams, mammograms, and diagnostic services
- The detection of 73 breast cancers
- Provided 350 survivors with support services
- Provided 125 survivors with legal assistance
- Impacted more than 110,000 metro Atlantans through educational outreach and Worship in Pink