It's simple. We're fighting breast cancer in Greater Atlanta
- Funding programs that support those in the fight to save lives
- Educating Greater Atlanta about breast cancer risk factors, the importance of early detection and the resources that are available to them
Komen Greater Atlanta serves thousands of Greater Atlantans in 13 counties as the local source for funding programs that:
- provide low-cost or free screening mammograms and diagnostic testing and breast cancer treatment to uninsured or underinsured Greater Atlantans
- provide support services before, during and after breast cancer treatment
We empower Greater Atlantans with information about the importance of early detection and breast health.
We donate 75 percent of net funds raised to vital local breast health services, and dedicate the remaining 25 percent to national research to find the cures.
Since 1991, Komen Greater Atlanta has invested more than $35 million into Greater Atltanta via its annual community grants program to fund breast health programs and services for medically-under served Greater Atlantans.
Komen Greater Atlanta
is part of the big picture to eradicate breast cancer. But we're also focused on the local needs of our neighbors. We are dedicated to educating Greater Atlanta
about breast cancer and the resources available along with funding life-saving screening and treatment programs for our neighbors currently battling this disease. Komen Greater Atlanta
funding has provided the following:
- 73,073 Greater Atlantans with breast health educational materials
- 12,593 clinical breast exams, mammograms, or diagnostic services to Greater Atlanta
- 94 breast cancers detected
- 2,100 Greater Atlantans received treatment assistance access to support services
We're always only a click or a call away. However you reach us, we are always happy to help you.